ICPSR Summer Undergraduate Internship Program -- 2011
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), the world's largest archive of digital social science data, is now accepting applications for its annual summer internship program. ICPSR is a unit within the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan. ICPSR's data are the foundation for thousands of research articles, reports, and books. Findings from these data are put to use by scholars, policy analysts, policy makers, the media, and the public.
Interns spend ten weeks from June 7 - August 13, 2011, at ICPSR (Ann Arbor, Michigan), during which they will:
· Work in small groups and with faculty mentors to complete research projects resulting in conference-ready posters
· Gain experience using statistical programs such as SAS, SPSS, and Stata to check data, working in both UNIX and Windows environments
· Attend courses in the ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research
· Participate in a weekly Lunch and Lecture series that covers topics related to social science research and professional development.
$3,000 - $5000* stipend, room and partial-board in university housing, and a scholarship covering the cost of fees, texts, and materials for coursework in the ICPSR Summer Program.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter of interest, resume or CV, two letters of recommendation, list of relevant courses, and contact information for the required two professional or faculty references (that may be submitted under separate cover) to:
ICPSR Human Resources, Attn: Summer Internship Program, P.O.Box 1248, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106-1248
Applications due by February 15, 2011.
* Stipend amount and citizenship requirement pending funding from the National Science Foundation's Research Experience for Undergraduates program.